L. Lin Wood
Chairman of the Board and CEO
Lin Wood has more than 43 years of experience as a trial lawyer focusing on civil litigation, representing individuals and corporations as plaintiffs or defendants in tort and business cases involving claims of significant damage. Mr. Wood has extensive experience in First Amendment/defamation litigation and management of the media in high profile cases.
Mr. Wood has been the lead attorney in many national, high profile cases, including serving as:
- lead civil attorney for the late Richard Jewell for 16 years in matters arising out of reporting about Mr. Jewell in connection with the 1996 bombing of Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, including defamation claims against NBC and Tom Brokaw, the Atlanta Journal & Constitution, CNN, New York Post, Time, and Piedmont College.
- lead civil attorney for the Nicholas Sandmann in matters arising out of false and defamatory reporting by the media in connection with the incident occurring January 2019 at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial outside the National Mall in Washington, D.C. This representation includes defamation claims against CNN, Washington Post, NBC, ABC, CBS, Rolling Stone, Gannett, the New York Times and Twitter.
- co-counsel for Dr. Carter Page in defamation claims against Huffington Post and Yahoo related to false accusations that Dr. Page was a traitor related to the Russian Collusion Hoax.
- lead counsel for Dr. Simone Gold in defamation matters arising from her advocacy for the use of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of Covid-19.
- lead counsel for Mark and Patricia McCloskey in defamation matters arising out of the false publicity concerning acts of self-defense at their house in St. Louis, Missouri.
- lead counsel for My Pillow founder and CEO Mike Lindell in defamation claims against CNN.
- lead counsel for Florida hospital administrator David Carbone in a now successfully resolved defamation action against CNN.
- lead civil attorney for Vernon Unsworth in defamation litigation arising from defamatory tweets made by Elon Musk against Mr. Unsworth, a highly respected caver whose involvement in the Thailand Cave Rescue has been described as instrumental in saving the lives of the young boys trapped in the Cave System
- lead attorney for John and the late Patsy Ramsey and their son for 22 years in matters relating to the 1996 murder of JonBenet Ramsey in Boulder, Colorado, and for Burke Ramsey in now successfully resolved defamation claims against CBS and Dr. Werner Spitz.
- lead attorney for Beth Holloway in matters relating to the media coverage of the May 2005 disappearance of her daughter, Natalee Holloway, in Aruba and in now successfully resolved civil actions against the National Enquirer and American Media.
- lead counsel for the late Herman Cain in defense of false accusations related to his 2012 candidacy for the Republican Nomination for President of the United States.
- co-counsel for Sean Hannity in defamation and related matters arising from false accusations.
- lead counsel for Bill Walters in defamation claims against Golf.com and First Amendments matters
- lead counsel for Marjorie Taylor Greene, Republican candidate for the House of Representatives for GA District 14 in defamation claims.
- co-counsel for Melissa Rolfe, the stepmother of Atlanta Police Officer David Rolfe, in defamation claims against Equity Prime Mortgage and the Clare Locke law firm.
- lead trial counsel for The Estate of Martin Luther King, Jr., Inc. and Dexter King in connection with claims related to corporate governance.
- lead civil attorney for Jeff Greene in libel litigation against The St. Petersburg Times and The Miami Herald related to Mr. Greene’s 2010 campaign for the Democratic Nomination for the U.S. Senate from Florida.
- lead civil attorney at trial court level for Sheldon Adelson in New York libel litigation against the National Jewish Democratic Council and co-counsel in matters related to Nevada and Florida litigation.
- Lead civil attorney for Dr. Phil McGraw in connection with false and defamatory articles published by Newsweek, the Daily Beast and the National Enquirer.
- lead civil attorney in Whistleblower cases alleging Medicare fraud against DaVita, Inc. in federal court in Atlanta and against Halifax Hospital Medical Center in federal court in Florida
- lead civil attorney for Howard K. Stern in the prosecution and defense of defamation claims arising out of the death of Anna Nicole Smith.
- lead trial counsel for the Estate of Anna Nicole Smith in federal action for misappropriation and theft of estate property.
- Co-counsel for for Sharon Rocha in matters relating to the media coverage of the December 2002 murder of her daughter, Laci Peterson.
- attorney for former U.S. Congressman Gary Condit in defamation matters relating to the May 2001 abduction and murder of Chandra Levy in Washington against Vanity Fair writer Dominick Dunne and American Media.
- co-counsel for the victim in the Colorado civil action against Kobe Bryant for damages for alleged rape.
- lead counsel for AirTran Airlines, Inc. in defamation litigation against the Cleveland, Ohio newspaper, The Plain Dealer.
- lead counsel for Esquire Deposition Services LLC in multi-state class actions dealing with billing practices.
- lead trial attorney for Sun Trust Bank in litigation arising out of claims by trust beneficiaries related to an inheritance of Coca-Cola stock.
- lead trial attorney for Phoebe Putney Health Care System and Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in the defense of 42 U.S.C. 1983 claims by a former staff physician.
- lead trial attorney for NextGen Fuel, Inc. in the defense of claims alleging breach of contract and intellectual property infringement.
Co-founder and Vice President
Lawson Pedigo, formerly with the United States Department of Justice's Tax Division and Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., joined Miller Keffer Pedigo as a name partner in 2004. He concentrates on representing individuals and entities involved in complex commercial and financial litigation matters as well as governmental investigations of all types.
Mr. Pedigo, licensed in 1985, has over thirty years of experience in litigation, including prosecuting complex financial frauds and tax cases for the United States Department of Justice. Since entering private practice, he has represented individuals and corporations in a wide range of complex financial litigations matters. He also represents clients in government investigations and audits of all types, including securities, Health Care Fraud and Abuse (civil, criminal and administrative) matters, FDIC claims against fiduciaries, tax, and Qui Tam cases. He has represented numerous clients in high-profile investigations.
Mr. Pedigo, who began his service in the U.S. Marine Corps as a Judge Advocate, was a Senior Trial Attorney with the Tax Division of the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. In February of 1996, he was appointed to be a Special Assistant United States Attorney to act as co-counsel in the successful prosecution (after a two-month trial) of a major bank and tax fraud conspiracy in Austin, Texas, that caused an estimated loss of over $1 billion to the federal government. In 1999, he was appointed as Associate Independent Counsel and worked for Judge Kenneth Starr. In 2001, after a several month trial he successfully obtained an acquittal for his client in the U.S. v. Jeffus, et al. prosecution which was the largest EPA laboratory fraud case ever prosecuted by the Justice Department and the verdict was on the Wall Street Journal’s front page. In 2002, he successfully defended a significant ERISA matter involving fiduciary liability questions. In 2008, he successfully assisted a large Mexican bank recover millions of dollars of losses caused by a fraud scheme involving misconduct in three continents and seizing a jet aircraft. From 2006 through 2015, he represented the Choctaw and Chickasaws against the United States.
- Filed a suit in 2006 on behalf of the Choctaw Nation and Chickasaw Nations prosecuting their historic accounting claims dating back to 1907 against the United States. In 2015, the United States settled for $186 million.
- Represented Directors and Officers of financial institutions in responding to FDIC notices of responsibility for potential fiduciary claims as well as defended such claims in federal courts.
- Represented individuals involved in securities litigation matters and has defended contentions involving hundreds of millions of dollars in losses claimed by investors as well as pursued claims in FINRA proceedings.
- Regularly works with entrepreneurs and companies in various capital market transactions.
- Retired from the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He served as an Intelligence Officer in the Reserves (with a Top Secret security clearance). He received a number of military honors, including the Combat Action Ribbon for his service in Desert Shield and Desert Storm with the 8th Marines Infantry Regiment. His last billet was at the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) as an Instructor at the National Intelligence University.
- Mr. Pedigo is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in Texas. In addition he was awarded a Master of Laws (LLM) in Taxation from Georgetown University and has made numerous CLE presentations on ethics, financial fraud and forensic topics.
- Has made numerous presentations government investigations and internationally spoken on corruption issues and trial techniques in the American Legal System. In April 2004, he appeared at the United Nations (UNCITRAL) as a delegate to the United Nations Colloquium on International Commercial Fraud held in Vienna, Austria. In August 2004, he was co-presenter at a seminar titled "International Commercial Fraud: FCPA Prosecution and Defense Perspectives" sponsored by the Association of Corporate Counsel held in Houston, Texas. In 2007 he was a key presenter in Geneva, Switzerland on Strategies for International Tracing and Recovery of Fraud Proceeds.
- Mr. Pedigo's past ABA activities include membership in the Section of Taxation, the Health Care Fraud Subcommittee of the White Collar Crime Section of the ABA, and Co-Chair of the Accounting and Tax Fraud Sub-Committee of the Criminal Laws Committee of the Business Law Section. He is active in the Dallas Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Committee.
- Received a Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting in 1982, and a Juris Doctorate in 1985, both from Baylor University, and a Master of Laws in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center in 1990.
Help us #FIGHTBACK
We stand ready to protect and defend the constitutional rights, livelihoods and property of people and businesses that are being targeted and destroyed. We stand for the forgotten American - those who are silenced and intimidated.